Saturday 10 May 2008

Respect

Today my 4yo told me that when she was in the paddling pool of neighbours one of the children there kept throwing water on her and she asked him several times to stop, but he didn't.
This is respectless to me and makes me wonder how he was raised when he cannot respect a 4yo's begs to stop, being 15 himself.
To me that is just not right. I am always making sure that my girls do respect other people's requests to not do something when appropriate.

There are also things that my kids are being told they are not allowed to do something, which they are allowed to do, i.e. go into the woods.
Its really strange and as far as I am concerned again respectless to tell my kids that I would not allow them that, when I do. It would be good to first run it by me, me thinks.

No comments: