Friday 25 July 2008

Personal Coaching

For the last 20 years I have educated myself on Continuum Concept parenting, breastfeeding, childbirth, elimination communication, baby language and baby sign language, homeschooling and traditional nutrition. Therefore I offer telephone based coaching for people who want to brain-storm with me on those topics. In our family we practise Continuum Concept Parenting, breastfeeding with child-led weaning, co-sleeping until the child moves on, unschooling, natural childbirth, traditional nutrition. For us this is a full package. Of course I can respect that this is not the case for all individuals. Therefore our brain-storm sessions can be limited to one or more of those topics.

The goal is to enjoy life, respect your family members and it needs a commitment to natural living, whether we talk about parenting, breastfeeding, childbirth, homeschooling or nutrition. The starting point of our conversations will always be what humans need and naturally evolutionary expect, whether it is parenting or nutrition. In some cases things may not be easy to discuss or hear.
You can read through my blogs to find out more about the way we, as a family, live these topics.

What I consider important in life and in our sessions:
- That parents understand that it is very important to create a strong bond with their children. This means: breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby carrying, etc. This should not abruptly change at a certain age, children will outgrow their needs as a baby when they are ready and will grow up, there is no need to push that. This bond built through closeness should continue beyond infancy and toddler hood. It is important to keep working on this bond to make sure it is still there in the teenage years and beyond.
- That parents are looking into different ways than the common coercive ways of parenting. These ways do not create responsible or happy children. Therefore I recommend using alternative methods to time-out, punishment, threats, rewards and praise.
- That children get the chance to develop in their own time and ways. Children will learn the things they need in life, while living it. There is no need to teach as children are naturally curious and will ask question after question. In times that they do not, they are "digesting" the information that they have tirelessly asked questions about before.

As a coach I am a unique person with quite a few different (old fashioned?) thoughts on life, I am very suitable as a coach for people who want a personal coach to help them bring out the best for themselves and their families.
Working with a coach like me is all about what kind of parent you want to be or become. It is about brain-storming and thinking outside the box. It is not a therapy, although healing can happen in case this is necessary to be able to think outside the box. I do incorporate certain aspects of psychology to help parents reach their goals.

As a coach I do not want to focus on changing the children's behaviour if this is considered a problem. This is only short term management, which will not give any healthy long term changes. It can actually be quite damaging to the bond between the parent and the child and with that will not benefit you and your family at all. People who want to work with me want to build a good bond with their children.

My goal is to help parents understand the way children think and how to be creative in their problem solving. The starting point should be unconditionally loving your child, from that place you will be inspired to find loving ways of dealing with the various situations that can arise.
Slowly but carefully you and your family will create new patterns and habits which are much more pleasant for your whole family.

As I have a family myself and we are unschooling I do want you to realize that there can be back ground sounds and maybe even some interruption if one of my children needs me, of course when that happens your time will be extended, you will get what you pay for. Naturally this will be minimized as much as possible. Because of this I have preferred times for sessions, which are when my partner is home to take care of the children and other issues that may arise.

Anybody who needs a coaching session can book one with me.
The sessions can be booked for:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sundays between 10.00 and 14.00 hrs. or in the evenings after 19.30 hrs. The most ideal times for me are on Saturday and Sunday. Then I can often also book sessions in the afternoons.

1 hour: £35,00 / Euro 40,00
45 minutes: £ 30,00 / Euro 35,00
30 minutes: £ 20,00 / Euro 25,00
20 minutes: £ 15,00 / Euro 17,50

In case you would like to have ongoing, weekly coaching sessions the monthly fees are:

1 hour: £ 135,00 / Euro 155,00
45 minutes: £ 115,00 / Euro 135,00
30 minutes: £ 75,00 / Euro 85,00
20 minutes: £ 55,00 / Euro 65,00

Usually there will be four sessions per month when you book ongoing, weekly coaching sessions.

The fees are in British Pounds and Euro's, upon request I can also inform you on the fees in other (European) currencies.

When you have made an appointment for a session, you can simply phone me on the requested time, after I have confirmed the time to you by e-mail. I will send you my phone number in the confirmation e-mail. It is also possible to make an appointment in which I phone you, this will add some charges to the fee for my telephone costs.
You can book a session by sending me a request by e-mail, following which I will send you a paypal invoice. e-mail: dboskma@gmail.com

No comments: