Saturday 23 February 2008

Sorted

It took some people a bit of thinking, but we managed to get a birth certificate and an NHS number on 15 february anyway. It was surprising at how easy it ended up being.
I was assigned a midwife funny enough, not that I needed one, but whatever, I just went along with that.
The first midwife that showed up was relatively hostile in the beginning, but mellowed half way through the visit and was actually making jokes at the end.
Then Wednesday another midwife showed up, this lady, named June was really fun and cool about it. She and I just chatted and she looked at the baby and was happy with the way she was developing. She was also cool enough to ask whether I would be alright with her coming over again on Sunday, I agreed to that. Sunday we had another chat and she weighed the baby, not necessary, we had done that already and we knew she was gaining weight.
The chat we had on Sunday was really cool, as she was really curious as to why we decided to do things the way we did, so I explained that this was a very big educational trip and she could see that. She also said it must have been very empowering, yes it was.
After that we ended up talking about breastfeeding and parenting, so I told her a bit about where I am coming from with parenting and breastfeeding, being a leader for 2 organisations.
Before she left she also mentioned that she felt that a lot of women could learn something from me. I can only agree.

No comments: