Wednesday 16 January 2008

vaccinations

There is a lot of stuff out there on vaccinations. Most of it either fully pro or fully. I noticed that it is really difficult to make a choice, one way or the other its not going to make parents feel like they have done it fully right.
Personally I think there is no need to vaccinate just like that. I definitely wouldn't vaccinate a 8 week old breastfed baby. I am of the opinion that breastfeeding will give a baby all it needs in immunity factors it needs.
I also think that for parents who have to make a choice, that it is better to make an informed choice. That means read the pro and con material and make up yr own mind, which is not easy.
There are a lot of factors in play as well. The immunity system of a child is not fully ready until about the age of 6, which means, at least to me, that it is better to wait with vaccinations until then, so the body can take full advantage of it, in case one wants to vaccinate.
I will put up some vaccination links that I find interesting in the side here as well, so that there is a nice list of good info.
I have personally really liked reading the book "Just a little Prick" by Hillary Butler, in that book there is a lot of sound information, which she has taken from studies from all over the world.

No comments: