Friday 23 November 2007

Some thoughts

As this is my first post on this blog I think I may have to explain a bit about The Continuum Concept.
For our family it basically comes down to parenting the natural way. We think about what must have been natural in the Stone Age, the things required for survival back then are still valid. Men are still the hunters and protectors, women are still the gatherers and carers. So when a boy is more active and physical, this is for a reason.
We also always try to look at the emotions behind the behaviour.

The Continuum Concept was written by Jean Liedloff, who spend a tremendous amount of time with the Yequana tribe in South America. Those people still lived like in the Stone Age when she was there. They were satisfied in their ways. They are also a non-violent tribe. Therefore visiting this tribe was a brain teaser to her, which led her to write her book.

I love what she wrote and her writing has been a huge brain teaser for me.

No comments: