Monday 26 November 2007

Junk food

I have found that in our world junk food and soft drinks are part of life, everybody uses them to some extend. This has resulted in me having had some thought on it. I found that it is important to educate my girls on the ins and outs, rather than bluntly forbidding it. In tribal cultures they use things like alcohol and (soft) drugs as well. Therefore it has become crucial to me to not withold them any, and in that way make it much more interesting for them to get junk food and soft drinks, but rather explain to them what it is doing to their bodies and let them have a go at it here and there.
I have come to the conclusion that the same goes for alcohol, smoking and soft drugs, they are relatively easy to obtain, so education goes further than forbidding as far as I am concerned.

No comments: