Wednesday 4 June 2008

Tribes in danger.

As I am a TCC parent I love reading about how other peoples live, but I do not like reading about tribes being in danger. I have read about several tribes still being uncontacted and hope it will stay that way, as there is nothing good to be gotten from being contacted.

Here are some interesting links:

Survival International

On Survival international you can read about uncontacted tribes and why it is good to keep it that way.

Bushment wanting to go home!

While reading on these websites I realised that a lot of learning that we can do about these tribes could be gone at some point in the future when civilized man thinks they are better than those tribes and keep doing what they are doing.
There are so many animals extinct and now they seem to be working on ending healthy independent civilisations. I hope my kids and grandkids will still have tribal communities to look at to learn from.

No comments: