Sunday 23 December 2007

Priorities

Lately I have been wondering again about something.
I noticed that people spends thousands of pounds for their wedding, but when it comes to having children, they do not want to spend a penny, but do complain about the care they have received.
It really made me wonder what is so important about a wedding compared to having a child.
I would prefer having a jeans wedding and in comparison to that be able to pick the best independent midwife I can find, that suits my thoughts and needs on birth.
But I guess people don't really think ahead or so. Which is another surprising thought to me. I prefer thinking ahead of what the future will bring and try to make sure that things go as smooth as possible for the whole family. Of course I cannot fully plan life either. Surprises do happen, but at least it makes it possible for me to anticipate on those without having to worry too much about other things.
I wish I could understand why people seem to spend so much money on a wedding and no money on having a baby. If anyone knows, please let me know in the comments. I am genuinely curious.

No comments: